domingo, 13 de setembro de 2009

Cabeça de Cuia


This is my favorite statue it calls Cabeça de Cuia ,it is in the district "Poty Velho" here in Teresina-Piauí,it tells a tale about a younf fisherman who after coming home hungry that her mother had prepared only a scatly meal of ox bone,ahh I almost forget the name of the fisherman was Crispin .So Crispin was revolted with the misery in the food and threw the bone in his mother...so his mother trew a curse that crispin would turn into a monster with the head held high and walk along the river Parnaíba.

The curse just would finish when crispin devour 7 Marys virgin ,old women washed clothes by the river Parnaíba say that Cabeça de Cuia came out chasing girls who were named Mary to devour.

I hope you enjoyed the estatues,and the history...of course,bye.



Denise Lima.

4 comentários:

  1. Very nice, Denise! I love going there, even though this legend is so creepy!!!!

    Love,
    Bia

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. hi denise I love poty velho too because is very nice and interesting

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Hi Denise,
    Very interesting this tale. I didn't know it...
    Congratulations!
    (And visit my blog)
    Dani

    ResponderExcluir